I hope to make this again so I can document the steps more clearly and with pictures. However, for now this will have to suffice so I can be sure to find the recipe again.
You will need:
4 cups grated zucchini, water squeezed out
2.5 cups AP flour
1/2 cup natural unsweetened cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour one bundt pan or two regular-size bread loaf pans
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cocoa in an extra large bowl. Add chocolate chips.
- Beat sugar and eggs for one minute, then add the butter, coffee and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add zucchini to the sugar-egg mixture, then gently add zucchini-sugar-egg mixture to the dry ingredient bowl. Combine with a spatula until just mixed, then pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 50-70 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven, let rest ten minutes, then remove from pan and let cool on a cooling rack.